Covid-19 Guest Safety Policy
Covid-19 Guest Safety Policy
Flannery’s Hotel Covid-19 Guest Safety Policy
Safe & Clean from Check-In to Check Out
We are delighted to welcome you back from July 1st onwards. We appreciate that you will have heightened concerns regarding hygiene during your stay with us and trust in cleanliness standards will be critical to you in choosing to stay with us.
With that in mind, we have created a programme that will focus on the highest standards of cleanliness and social distancing throughout the entire property. In these unprecedented times, your – and our team’s – safety is our highest priority.
The success of the nationwide battle against Covid-19 was and still is, dependant on all of us working together as a community. This is just as relevant during your stay at Flannery’s Hotel, you are a vital component in ensuring continued success and we need your commitment in maintaining the following established Covid-19 public health practices and our operational plan.
Hygiene and Social Distancing
• Use sanitising stations and wash hands regularly
• Observe social distancing with other guests and staff
• Parents must supervise and remain present with children at all times
• Please continue to observe the recommendation of the HSE as has been advised by the government since the onset of the Coronavirus.
If you feel ill, please do not come into Flannery’s Hotel. Unfortunately, failure to cooperate will leave us with no other option but to ask you to vacate the premises in the interests of public health. Please understand that this is for YOUR safety as much as our staff and other guests and to ensure that everyone has a safe and pleasant experience with us at Flannery’s Hotel Galway.
And so, we have outlined below the new measures put in place as part of Flannery’s Hotel that will help to keep all of us safe. This outlines the procedures that underpin our commitment to you and the terms & conditions that we expect of you during your stay with us.
If you have any queries that are not answered below, please contact us on email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to Flannery’s Hotel Galway and we appreciate your custom and co-operation.
General Cleaning Policy
• Ongoing sanitisation of all public areas throughout the day - you will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team. They will be present in public areas much of the day. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms and counter spaces amongst others. Please always co-operate with them.
• We have re-written our cleaning protocols to translate the best practices in HSE and Fáilte Ireland Standards to our hotel guest rooms, public areas and staff areas.
• We will be working to ventilate the property so you may see more windows open throughout to keep air circulating and fresh.
• HSE and Fáilte Ireland experts continue to advise us on new technologies and approaches, assist in training development and create a rigorous quality assurance program. This expert advice and assistance helps us to build upon the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene in Flannery’s Hotel Galway and to ensure that the protocols are not only satisfactory but surpass expectations to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
• Hand Sanitiser will be located at numerous locations around the hotel such as inside the front door and at the entrance into our Food & Beverage Areas. You are required to avail of them.
• Use of the lifts will be restricted to 2 persons maximum unless from same household/travelling together to allow for social distancing.
• Team members to change into uniform in the hotel and undertake our sanitisation procedure before entering their work zone.
• We have provided designated areas for staff to prepare for work and adhere to sanitation procedures.
• Social distancing to apply to staff where breaks are staggered and workspaces spread out to a 2m distance where possible.
• Staff have undergone Covid19 training along with new cleaning and sanitation procedures.
• Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their area of work. All team members will be provided with sanitiser
and gloves will be readily available for all staff. Departments will be provided with specific materials i.e, docket books, pens, to reduce sharing of equipment.
• Guests details will be kept for contact tracing purposes only which is permitted at the direction of the HSE.
• On arrival to the Hotel all guests must use hand sanitizer provided in the sanitisation station inside the front door and please observe social distancing of 2 metres.
• At check in only 1 person from the group is required to queue to sign your guest registration, pre-auth your card if your reservation is not already prepaid and collect your room keys.
* The hotel reserves the right to request any guests to fill out a travel questionnaire on check in.
* Any Guests not on the Government’s Green List will be refused entry if they have not quarantine for 14 days prior to arrival to the hotel.
* We also carry out temperature checks on arrival to the hotel and on entry to our dining areas
• Pre-authorisation – should you wish to room charge during your stay a credit card pre-authorisation must be completed and you will have to use the pin-pad to enter your pin, this will have been sanitized before your use and again after you use it.
• You’ll notice a change to our reception desk to safeguard the team and you, our guest, we have installed safety screens and floor markings to allow for 2 metres social distancing.
• Guests are encouraged to book direct with the hotel reservations team or via our own website www.flanneryshotelgalway.com. If you can do that, our receptionist will have pre-populated guest information so that your interaction will be brief and efficient. If not, please provide full contact details to the receptionist.
• For all payments, we encourage card payments.
• Upon completion, you will be given your sanitised key card and directions to the stairs/lift to access your room.
• Careful consideration has been given to the preparation and presentation of your room and you might find somethings different. For example, we may no longer offer Guest Information Room folders, Spare Pillows & Blankets. All will be available on request only.
• Our deep clean of “High Touch Areas” will include extra disinfecting of the most frequently touched guests room areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remotes, major bathroom surfaces, bath amenities, safes, telephone, tea/coffee making facilities and more.
• Staff will change into a new set of PPE before entering each room to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
• When a guest room is vacated after a stay, all material will be removed and cleaned from the room (even if unused), including bed linen, towels, bathrobes, bathmats & shower curtains.
• Our deep clean process will include washing down all tiles, grouting, tissue boxes as well as hoovering and washing all floors.
• The whole room will be sprayed with sanitising solution and window left open.
• When the supervisor/ manager checks the room, (s)he will re-sanitise all high touch points again while doing so to ensure “double sanitisation”.
• Guests may use the phone in their room to directly contact a member of staff in reception should they have any queries. Further information is displayed on the TVs in the bedroom and communal areas.
• Stayover rooms will only be serviced on request by the guest.
Dining with Us
• Face coverings MUST be worn by customers when arriving to and leaving their table when in the restaurant and bar.
• To maintain social distancing and comply with government public health measures, we strongly recommend our guests to make a reservation in advance
for breakfast and dinner so that we may control the numbers dining at any one time.
• From 21st September 2020, to allow our bar to operate efficient table service for drinks only, it is also recommended that you book your table in advance. Bookings can be made in 2 hour time slots and are subject to availability.
• You are asked to avail of the sanitisation stations located at the entrance to Frankies bar and Galwegians restaurant upon entry and exit.
• Children must dine with parents at all times.
• Following updated Government Public Health measures, we need to draw your attention to the fact that there should be a maximum of 6 people from no more than 3 households allowed at a table. This is applicable to pre-bookings and walk in customers.
• Breakfast will be served from 7am to 10.30am Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 11.00am Saturday & Sunday. To minimize delays we advise to pre-book a time with reception regardless to weather your breakfast is included in your rate or not.
• For breakfast, we will have a buffet with all your favourite cold breakfast items. Items will be individually pre-portioned. We will provide markings on the floor for social distancing when queuing for same and your cooked breakfast will be served to the table.
All Day Menu, will be served in Frankie’s Bar & Bistro and/or The Galwegians Restaurant from 12pm – 9.00pm. Please note that we have a minimum spend of One Main Course per Adult from 3.00pm until 9.00pm and a maximum time of 2 hours stay per table.
• We will practice social distancing by having tables 2 metres apart and allowing enough time in-between for sanitisation.
• We will use disposable items for single-use where possible i.e. menus, paper napkins, individually wrapped condiments, butter, Jam etc.
• Our team will play their part and each team member will adhere to hand hygiene and social distancing guidelines in every instance possible.
• When dining, we encourage card or room charges as payment.
Serving of Alcohol
• Hotel bars will not be open in the traditional way, it will be table service only. Please note tables have to be booked in advance and have a maximum time of 2 hours stay per table.
• In order to observe social distancing and to avoid queuing in the morning, guests are advised to settle their account in the evening before departure, please visit the reception anytime before 10pm.
• Express Checkout- Room Keys can be dropped in our drop box located outside the lift for all settled bills.